Sunday, September 6, 2015

I Knew You'd Be Lovely by: Alethea Black

Wow - I have not blogged in 10 months - however, I have still been doing some reading. I feel a little embarrassed to say that I do not even remember reading this book. I looked up the summer and its vaguely ringing a bell - but it's NOT coming back to me. I know I read it because I had saved notes and highlights on my Kindle. I will record that which were my favorite parts in hopes that it will cue my memory to recall the novel.

Page 15: "Love never repeats."

Page 17: "Best of all, it made him feel as if the unspoken in him were connecting with the unspoken in her, and it crossed his mind that this was all chemistry ever was: two people's silent selves invisibly aligning while their noisy selves carried on, oblivious."

Page 60: "Perfection isn't outside us. Perfection is a way of seeing."

Page 63: "And I'm no good at being in love, either," she said abruptly, shifting away from him. She sometimes had a talent for dispelling awkward moments by them even more awkward.

Page 66: "Sometimes you can miss something even when you know it's not for you anymore."

Page 113: "We're all allowed a kind of grace period, she decided, when we can coast along, before we really need to choose a life and summon the determination to live it."

Page 115: "She'd always liked the idea of savings, even if she wasn't particularly keen on its practice. She liked calling it saving, too, because it was like that: you think you're saving something, when actually, it saves you."

Page 162: "When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that you are weeping for that which has been your delight."

Page 171: "Wanting things too much is a form of sadness."

Page 173: "Often it is not even advantageous to know what will be. -Cicero"

Page 177: "Failure is not the enemy," he said. "Even the wrong choices can lead you in the right direction."

Page 177: "When dreams come true, they often don't look like you thought they would. Be prepared for that."

Page 182: "What occurrence is the most standard deviations away from your normal range of experience?"

Page 185: "My mother claims that people show you everything you need to know about them within the first hour of meeting them, it's just that most of us aren't paying attention."

So, this didn't help me remember specifics about the book - but it is kind of funny. As I was re-reading the highlights I made and typing them here, I kept thinking "Oh, I like that." And, it made me smile because of course I liked that, I highlighted it. Ah - its a wonderful thing to know yourself. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment