Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Gone Girl by: Gillian Flynn

Oh my! What a ride this book is! It was a delight to read something captivating. I could not book this book down and read it in about a day and a half because I also and to sleep, eat, and go to class.

I previously read another of Gillian Flynn's novels without evening realizing it was the same author -- Sharp Objects. Both were very good and I love her writing style. The movie just came out, so I wanted to read it before I saw the movie. I am looking forward to it!

Quotes from Gone Girl:

"I suppose it's not a compromise if only one of you considers it such."

"There's something disturbing about recalling a warm memory and feeling utterly cold."

"It was enough to be near her and hear her talk, it didn't always matter what she was saying. It should have, but it didn't."

"Amy, I don't get why I need to prove my love to you by remembering the exact same things you do, the exact same way you do. It doesn't mean I don't love our life together."

"I like rules that make sense, not rules without logic."

"But he turned our family life into an endless road trip with bd directions and a rage-clenched driver, a vacation that never got a chance to be fun."

"It's a very difficult era in which to be a person, just a real, actual person. And if all of us are play-acting, there can be no such thing as a soulmate, because we don't have genuine souls."

"I would have done anything to feel real again."

"I've never understood why that's considered a compliment - that just anyone could like you."

No comments:

Post a Comment