Saturday, April 23, 2011

"Love Walked In"

I finally finished the book a few days ago and I just thought I would share my thoughts about it. First of all, the plot was not at all how I expected it would be. It's nothing at all like a typical love story. It's perfectly refreshing and meaningful. The characters are relatable and corny to the point where you laugh because you've thought the same things they have but never really said so out loud, but not too corny where its just ridiculous. I don't want to give away any super important parts of the book for those of you who haven't read the it yet. However, I will share a few quotes that I enjoyed enough to make a note of:

"When you encounter people named Liar and Abstinence, you might not be crazy about them, but you know exactly what you're getting into."

"Do you see what I mean at all? Questions the asking of which erases the reason for asking, yes? Something like, "If you have to ask, no way are you ever getting the answer you're looking for."

"In my experience, people love what they love. They just do."

"The shock of the new. I like it; you like it. There's no jolt like a new jolt. But, I'm an even bigger fan of the shock of recognition..."

"And Martin had a certain way of looking at me that made me feel exactly as though he were touching me, even when he wasn't."

"... we were intimates; I'd breathed his breath; my skin knew his skin; my nerve endings had sparked under his touch. That kind of knowledge was deep and never been something I could walk away from with ease."

"... even if someone wasn't perfect or even especially good, you couldn't dismiss the love they felt. Love was always love; it had a rightness all its own, even if the person feeling the love was full of wrongness."

These were all specific lines that I really felt like I could connect with or relate to for whatever reason. We all have our own life experiences that make our conformations in the mind that much more unique and specific to us. I urge you to read this book and I hope you think of me when you read these parts... I wonder if they, too, will mean something to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment