Saturday, April 30, 2011

"Saving CeeCee Honeycutt: A Novel"

In my opinion, this book started off promising but got pretty boring early on. The first few chapters were interesting, the part that described why CeeCee needed to be saved. But then 80% of the book was the 'saving' part and I most likely could have summed it up in about 4 pages and a reader would have got the same idea. I noted/highlighted a few things from this book, but didn't appreciate them as much as from "Love Walked In":

"...far too many people die with a heart that's gone flat with indifference, and it surely must be a terrible way to go. Life will offer us amazing opportunities, but we've got to be wide-awake to recognize them."

"I find all men to be very much like wearing high-heeled shoes- I love how pretty they make me feel, but by the end of the night I can't wait to get rid of them."

"Oysters are a lot like women. It's how we survive the hurts in life that brings us strength and gives us our beauty"

As you can see, I only highlighted three parts of this whole book. Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment