Wednesday, April 6, 2011

New Beginnings

“One day at a time--this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering.”

Getting up at 4:30am is inconvenient, indeed. However, it has really given me the opportunity to see the sunrise. People don't give sunrises enough credit... it's always about how beautiful the sunset is and if you do manage to see the sunrise, people just comment on how you're up too early. But doesn't the sunrise represent a beginning rather than an end? I'll take my sunrises and I'll cherish them because every day I see this beautiful view on my way home from boot camp and a little part of me is uplifted and ready to take on anything. Like the quote says "...live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering."

No comments:

Post a Comment